• Potted-In Inserts are used to fasten honeycomb sandwich structures. They are commonly referred as “Wall Panel Inserts” or “Floating Inserts” as they are mostly applied in aircraft walls and stowage bins to attach panels with each other and to the aircraft structure.
• However, potted inserts can be used anywhere particularly where blind hall the way through the panel and are needed where inserts must be fixed with the panel skin. Adhesive bonding is used to place the potted-in advertisements.
• They are made of high-tech composite thermoplastic; the inserts are corrosion free, lightweight, high strength and low cost.
• The increasing share of wide-body aircraft in total commercial aircraft deliveries and increasing industrial and regional aircraft fleet size is driving the global Aircraft potted-in inserts market.
• The increase in demand for lightweight sandwich panels and increasing demand for sheer inserts are boosting the global Aircraft potted-in inserts market.
• Aircraft structures use some sandwich panels for lightweight. However, the core material is weak. The low strength of panels may affect the junction with the main structure of aircraft, due to the considerable variation of stresses along discontinuous elements, which may hamper the growth of the global Aircraft potted-in inserts market.
By material type, the market is segmented into Aluminum, Steel, Plastics, and Others. Aluminum is dominance in the global aircraft potted-in inserts market, and it is expected to grow in the forecast period, because Aluminum offers corrosion resistance, lightweight and has widespread usage in the fuselage, excellent mechanical properties, and, control surfaces, interior, engine, and other segments.
North America is the largest aircraft potted-in inserts market and it is expected to grow in the forecast period. It is due to the manufacturing capital of the aircraft industry with the presence of panel manufacturers, insert manufacturers, raw material and supplier’s distributors.
• Companies are developing new technologies by using new and efficient materials to meet the specific requirements of the aircraft. The development of new products with lightweight and affordability is leading to a competitive environment in the market.
• In October 2016, STANLEY Engineered Fastening offer Spiralock® potted inserts, earlier Spiralock potted inserts were offered in Titanium are is now available in Aluminum for additional weight and cost savings. STANLEY Engineered Fastening also provide manufacture customized potted insert design, implementing the Spiralock self-locking threads to create a premier locking and reusable threaded insert for composite materials.
DataM Intelligence was incorporated in the early weeks of 2017 as a Market Research and Consulting firm with just two people on board. Within a span of less than a year we have secured more than 100 unique customers from established organizations all over the world.
We are pleased to offer you this exciting, new, and entirely free professional resource. Visit our Free Industry resource center today to browse our selection of 600+ complimentary Industry magazines, white papers, webinars, podcasts, and more. Get popular titles including: